Sunday 1 August 2010

The princely quince, revisited

Well, after the rock hard discontent of last season's quinces (a very unusable paste), I rolled up my sleeves and decided to ignore cooking times and use all the old methods for testing jam set.

Hooray for sheet-test! Hurrah for wrinkle-method! I win! My prize? Five jars totaling around 1.5 kg of quince conserve.

Lovely chunks of fruit suspended in jelly, just as promised by amazing Sally Wise (name and nature!) in her delicious book 'a year in a bottle'. I love this book because she lives in my ex-home state Tasmania and includes lovely home stories with many of the recipes.













See anything interesting in the background? That's another story ...

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello lovely you ... sounds divine. so glad for your kitchen experiments with success ... x x